Ready to Replace an Old Switch?
Consider the newer model Catalyst 2960-X Series Switch which offers more intelligent features, higher performance, and at a similar price.Compare.
Or if you would like converged wired and wireless access to support BYOD and mobility, consider the Catalyst 3650 Series Switch. Compare.
Deliver Efficient Network Connectivity
Provide efficient and cost-effective network connectivity for branch offices or small and medium-sized businesses. These secure entry-level enterprise-class Fast Ethernet switches support basic Cisco Borderless Networks services.
Learn about the next generation Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches. (4:45 min)
Access Switches Just Got Better
The new Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches joins the access switch family.(03:44 min)
Features and Capabilities
Easy to use and upgrade, these fixed configuration Fast Ethernet access switches offer superior Layer 2 threat defense capabilities and basic Layer 3 static routing with 16 routes. They also offer:
- 2x1GE uplink
- 24, and 48 Fast Ethernet port configurations
- Advanced QoS, rate-limiting, Access Control Lists (ACLs), IPv6 management, and multicast services
- IEEE 802.3af PoE with up to 15.4W per port for up to 48 ports
Simple to Configure, Operate, and Manage
- A wide range of software features to make business operations easy, highly secure, and sustainable, and help deliver a borderless networking experience
- Cisco Smart Install to simplify deployment
- Cisco Auto SmartPorts to automate device configuration
Better Investment Protection and Savings
- Cisco EnergyWise technology to promote energy savings
- Lower total ownership costs for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks with competitive connectivity options, security, and QoS capabilities
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty
Specifications at a Glance
|Total 10/100Ethernet Ports
||24 or 48
||2x1GE uplink (SFP or 1000BASE-T)
|FlexStack Data Stacking
|Available PoE Power
||Up to 15.4W per port
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.